Marantz PM-14S1SE Stereo Integrated Amplifier
Aspire to greatness
If you love music and treasure sonic realism, there are probably a couple of high-end products you covet. Here's another one to add to your list. The Marantz PM-14S1 may not be the first amplifier you ever buy. But with its glorious sound quality, rock-solid construction, and eye-catching looks, it might just be the last amp you ever purchase. Connect it to a pair of fabulous speakers and you'll be making sweet music together for years to come.
The right stuff
Marantz has applied their decades of audio expertise to the PM-14S1's design. Their most advanced Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules are employed throughout the preamp and power amp sections to ensure recordings are re-created faithfully and dynamically. The huge, copper-wound toroidal power transformer and current feedback circuit work together to deliver clean, stable power that handles peaks in volume smoothly and accurately — and without distortion. Discrete circuitry, anti-vibration chassis reinforcement, new high-purity copper speaker terminals, gold-plated input connectors — it all adds up to sound quality that is uncompromised, uncolored and thoroughly irresistible.
Unique setup options
In terms of setup, most integrated amps are pretty straightforward: music comes in from your source and out to your speakers. But the PM-14S1 has some interesting configuration options. You can use it as a preamp and connect a separate power amp to the pre-outs. Or, you can connect a separate preamp to the Power Amp Direct inputs and use the '14S1 as a power amp. This is also a great way to add this amplifier's clean, detailed sound to the front channels of your compatible home theater receiver.
Looking for a high-performance CD player and DAC to pair with this amp? Check out the matching Marantz SA-14S1.
- 90 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD
- 140 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- current feedback amplification circuit for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM-SA3) offers exquisite detail and dynamic range while reducing noise
- frequency response: 5-100,000 Hz (±3dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 106dB line, 86dB phono (MM), 75dB phono (MC)
- massive toroidal transformer wound with oxygen-free copper
- rigid chassis with double-bottom plate and aluminum die-cast feet to minimize vibration
- 6 RCA audio inputs (includes phono input for moving magnet and moving coil cartridges)
- phono section features constant current feedback gain stage for flawless musical reproduction from your vinyl recordings
- Power Amp Direct inputs for use with a separate preamp or A/V receiver with Front L/R preamp outputs
- stereo RCA preamp outputs
- 2 sets of stereo RCA recording outputs
- high-purity copper binding-post speaker connectors
- bi-amp/stereo switch lets you bi-amp your speakers using two PM-14S1's for even higher-fidelity sound
- full-size headphone output
- remote control
- detachable power cable
- 17-5/16"W x 4-7/8"H x 18-11/16"D
- weight: 40.8 lbs.